Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Patience...it's a virtue



"If you learn nothing else about being a field biologist learn this - you gotta be patient."
     -Beth Horvath

     If there's one thing I need to work on it's patience.  Immersed in Hispanic culture my entire life I've become accustomed to waiting and being waited on.  Parties always start an hour after proposed, guests showing up two hours after promised.  It's just become second nature to me.  But the thing is I have no patience with God.  I want my prayers to be answered immediately.  I want Him to instantly take away my pain or reveal himself to me.  If and when this didn't happen I figured I was doing something wrong... which left me constantly trying to fix myself.  What I failed to realize is there are benefits to waiting.  I can trust that God will answer my prayers, in His time, and instead of worrying when the answer will come I can be satisfied simply being in the presence of my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment